Kingdom of Truth


 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Biding her time

Go down 
AuthorMessage
daemera

avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2010-10-21
Location : wherever her feet take her

PostSubject: Biding her time   Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:16 am

After a long walk to the tavern, Daemera finally reaches the large, aged door. Pushing the heavy door, Daemera peers in. She can hear the crowd as they clamor about inside. She quietly makes her way to the bar, not sure what to order. She sees the others dressed in hide and fur, their shirts stained with dirt and sweat. The room smelled rank of ale and smoke from their homemade pipes. She smiles and waits for the tender.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strife
Admin
avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-09-30
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Biding her time   Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:17 am

He pulls his jacket tight around him and pulls his hood up over his head so that no one will see that it is him. He wanted to see what the people had to say. He pushes the door open and walks up to the bar tapping his finger twice to call the tender over and orders a drink and see Dae but doesn't say any thing, instead he plays as if he was someone else and walks over to her and changes his voice "well well well what brings a beauty like you to a place like this" he says to the best of his ability so not to laugh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kingdomoftruth.forumotion.com
daemera

avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2010-10-21
Location : wherever her feet take her

PostSubject: Re: Biding her time   Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:27 am

Above the din, Daemera hears the door creak open. She doesn't turn her head, but her eyes avert to the door. A strangely familiar scent wafts and a smile enters her face. But the way he walks, as she watches him, she doesn't know who it is. His voice, it sends shivers down her spine and made her wish that her outfit was ready. The tone is suave and sophisticated, yes but that also causes problems. It brought back memories when a voice similar would talk to her in such a way. But he was gone now and she was safe, or would be once she finds the one who had promised her training. Now, she could only be like a rabbit and hide when she could or disappear when need be. She notices a slight chuckle in his voice and wonders what is so funny. She looks over at him, not seeing his face and studies him before inwardly gaining the courage to speak. "I am only passing through sir. I am looking for a particular man and then I will be on my way." She looks down at her drink, half finished. She decides that now is the time to finish her drink and brings it to her blue lips, she does so with little time, effort and with class.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strife
Admin
avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-09-30
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Biding her time   Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:21 pm

He bring his drink to his lips and takes a small sip "A man you say, and who might this man be I might be able to help you find him" he says to her and bows slightly
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kingdomoftruth.forumotion.com
daemera

avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2010-10-21
Location : wherever her feet take her

PostSubject: Re: Biding her time   Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:09 pm

She looks at him with sea grey eyes, she turns. "He is a warrior of sorts. Tall, very strong. Very . . compassionate. He used to be a bodyguard in a nearby kingdom. . ." Her soft voice trails off as she thinks of him. Flashes of her past come rushing back to her as a bad dream and she closes her eyes, shaking her head to rid herself of them. She shivers, and brings her arms to her shoulders, forcing the memories from her mind. That is a past that doesn't need to be repeated. It was still fresh in her mind already, why dwell on it. She orders another drink from the tender, "Fire wine" she called it as it burned her throat as it went down. But with each sip, she was forgetting everything slowly but surely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strife
Admin
avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-09-30
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Biding her time   Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:54 pm

He reaches out and takes the wine from her "Don't drown your sorrow. Confront it, make it power" he says as he pulls the hood down from his head and looks at her with a worried look on his face and reaches up and places a hand on her cheek "I am sorry, I did not mean to drag up those memories. Please forgive me"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kingdomoftruth.forumotion.com
daemera

avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2010-10-21
Location : wherever her feet take her

PostSubject: Re: Biding her time   Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:12 am

Feeling the hand upon her cheek, she realized she had been crying. His voice had changed to one she surely recognized. Her eyes widen and she turns seeing Strife standing there. Her emotions were mixed, she didn't know what to think. On impulse, she jumped up and wrapped her arms around him. Her long lost friend and future trainer. After a few moments, she realizes what she was doing, and stops. She takes a step back, wipes the tears from her eyes and face and clears her throat. She bows her head and curtsies, making sure she is very proper. "Forgive me for not recognizing you. I have been looking all over for you and yet couldn't recognize when you were right there in front of me. I am waiting for the tailor to make me some suitable clothes as I must look a fright."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strife
Admin
avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-09-30
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Biding her time   Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:56 pm

He gives a slight chuckle watching her then shakes his head "the cloths don't make the person young one, the presence of your will to win is what will make it truly frightening to be near" he gives a slight bow to her "if you would please join me, I on my way back to my home and if you are to train you will have to be near at all times. I have more than enough room for you"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kingdomoftruth.forumotion.com
daemera

avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2010-10-21
Location : wherever her feet take her

PostSubject: Re: Biding her time   Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:34 pm

"But, won't the clothes be more fitting than this?" She points to her dress, her bare feet. " I don't look scary enough dressed like this. And, how am I going to move in something like this?" But she is grateful that he wanted to train her still and her face shows this. "I do want to win, to make people think that they have underestimated me." Knowing that she needed training on more than just this, she stops short and bows. "I would be very grateful if you trained me in all you knew. I won't leave your side unless you bid me to. As you know, I only need a small corner since I do not take up much space." She smiles, grateful that he would put her up in his home. No one has offered freely their home to her before, but then again, she didn't remember a time outside the cavern.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strife
Admin
avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-09-30
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Biding her time   Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:25 pm

He smiles at her "Cloths don't win fights and a true master can fight in whatever he or she has on but as for looking the part I have more than enough for you to pick from and I think we will use the fact that you look harmless to your advantage" he places a hand on her shoulder "come now we will head to my home and pick you out a room and cloths"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kingdomoftruth.forumotion.com
daemera

avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2010-10-21
Location : wherever her feet take her

PostSubject: Re: Biding her time   Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:02 am

Content with this decision, Daemera smiles. When he places his hand on her shoulders, she almost beams and feels as if she were the chosen one, when in truth he was helping her to become stronger. In more ways then one, she would overcome her past, overcome her weaknesses and faults. She stands up and turns more towards him, waiting for him to lead the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strife
Admin
avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2010-09-30
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Biding her time   Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:56 am

He walks towards the door and turns to look at her "are you coming" he smiles at her and walks outside "it's the big on there" he says and points the palace
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kingdomoftruth.forumotion.com
daemera

avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2010-10-21
Location : wherever her feet take her

PostSubject: Re: Biding her time   Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:14 am

She smiles and follows him out the door and looks to where he points. Her jaw drops as her eyes look onward to the palace. Surely, no. It couldn't be. Well, maybe he was just a soldier. Why would royalty use up their time with a commoner, no, lower than common. He did want to train her, so maybe that was it. He was a soldier that lived by the palace. She stands there and moments later realizes that he was well on his way to the palace. She shuts her mouth and runs to catch up with him, her long seafoam green hair flying behind her in the wind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Biding her time   

Back to top Go down
 
Biding her time
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» who is your favorite anime character of all time?
» Hot Tub Time Machine [Open]
» Time That Needs to be Spent
» Explorin' time!
» Strongest Crew Member (Time Skip)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kingdom of Truth :: City of the Wind :: Lightning Tavern and Inn-
Jump to: